August 03, 2006
I have contacts on Yahoo Messenger, Windows Live Messenger, and heck, even Google Talk and I find it a hassle to have all three official chat clients (two, if you consider Gmail "official") open at the same time (not to mention that YM is a notorious memory hog). Thus began my quest to find the ultimate multi-protocol IM client. I've tried a number of the multi-protocol offerings available: Gaim (looks like GTK-crap), Miranda IM (better but still looks like crap), and Trillian (looks great! but works like crap, plus no Gtalk). All of them were dead ends.
I stumbled upon meebo on my travels and I was instantly meebo-ed. I like the fact that it's web-based... and that's pretty much it. It lacks in many features but it's stable and the interface is clean and not painful to look at. I'm not saying that everyone should use it, but it works pretty darn well for me.
Oh, and as an added bonus, they've recently come up with a new feature called "meebo me". It's essentially a Flash widget that you can embed into your blog/website which allows your visitors to chat with you instantly, if you're logged onto meebo at the same time. It's just another good reason to switch to meebo.
See it in action by using the "Chatterbox" on my right-hand sidebar. Ping me and let me know that you care enough about me to read my blog!
(Not a paid advertisement by Meebo, Inc.)
I have to apologize though if sometimes I don't reply. I'm not a snob; it's just that my Internet connection has been unstable lately. Also, if you see that "punzki is away", that's usually not true. That happens because setting a customized status message in meebo automatically flags me as "away".
P.S. If you think that the meebo me widget is somehow hindering you from reading my blog properly, let me know and I will gladly remove it, if enough people complain.
I stumbled upon meebo on my travels and I was instantly meebo-ed. I like the fact that it's web-based... and that's pretty much it. It lacks in many features but it's stable and the interface is clean and not painful to look at. I'm not saying that everyone should use it, but it works pretty darn well for me.
Oh, and as an added bonus, they've recently come up with a new feature called "meebo me". It's essentially a Flash widget that you can embed into your blog/website which allows your visitors to chat with you instantly, if you're logged onto meebo at the same time. It's just another good reason to switch to meebo.
See it in action by using the "Chatterbox" on my right-hand sidebar. Ping me and let me know that you care enough about me to read my blog!
(Not a paid advertisement by Meebo, Inc.)
I have to apologize though if sometimes I don't reply. I'm not a snob; it's just that my Internet connection has been unstable lately. Also, if you see that "punzki is away", that's usually not true. That happens because setting a customized status message in meebo automatically flags me as "away".
P.S. If you think that the meebo me widget is somehow hindering you from reading my blog properly, let me know and I will gladly remove it, if enough people complain.
Labels: instant messaging, meebo, meebo me
Okay, because of this post, and because of the MeeboMe widget, na-attract na rin akong gamitin ang Meebo as my primary IM client. Question lang though, is it possible to have separate stealth settings for each of your contacts? Like invis lang ako sa isa, etc?