The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


August 18, 2006
There's been quite a lot of progress since my first report (read for a recap).
  • BlastAsia - Status: Job offer received (software engineer). No difference from last week, except that my deadline for deciding passed two days ago. I've asked for an extension though.
  • Google Labs
  • HP Philippines - Status: Waiting for job offer. I'm done with all the interviews and I should be expecting an offer by Tuesday.
  • Matahari Studios - Status: Job offer rejected (game developer). I've already informed them that I won't be accepting the offer. I told them the truth: that a position in game development is not the best choice for my young career at this point.
  • Microsoft Philippines - Status: Waiting for interview schedule. My application seems to be in limbo but Jojo has assured me that it's being taken care of.
  • Navitaire
  • Orange & Bronze - Status: Job offer received (software developer). There's really no deadline on this one.
  • Pointwest Technologies - Status: Job offer received (software engineer). I just received an offer from them via email. It's a good offer and they've given me up to Wednesday to decide on it.
  • Smart Communications - Status: Waiting for job offer. I'm done with all the interviews (not to mention a hellish medical exam) and I should be expecting an offer by Tuesday.
  • Stratpoint Technologies - Status: Waiting for job offer. I was supposed to come to their office this morning but they rescheduled the appointment at the last minute to next Wednesday.
  • Webworks OS - Status: Job offer received (software developer). They made a solid offer but I told them I couldn't make a decision at this point. The deadline was today and I've been told that there would be no assurances that the position would still be available next week. Still, I'd rather risk that then regret a hasty decision.
So now I'm just waiting for all the offers to come in. I have two top candidates at the top of my list but there's no telling where I'll end up until I make a final decision. I honestly am a bit annoted that some of these companies are pressuring me into making a quick decision, but I understand that they've got a business to run too.

Labels: ,

1 Responses to “Jobhunt 2006 update #2”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    My bet is that you'll take the offer of HP - great company... lots of benefits!  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates