August 14, 2006
You've heard the buzz about Windows Live Writer. It's a true WYSIWYG blog editor (Windows-only, of course) that lets you see how your entries will actually look once they're posted. I think this is a great idea coming from the Live team... if only it would work for me. I've been searching all over for any advice on what's causing a "QI for IEnumVARIANT failed on unmanaged server" but it seems that I'm the only person in the whole blogosphere experiencing this.
I've already reported the bug but I'm not hoping for a response; I think mine is an isolated case. In the meantime, I've stumbled upon a very capable alternative: Performancing. It's a Firefox-only plugin and it doesn't offer true WYSIWYG, but if this entry is successfully posted (I'm using it right now), then I'd say it works pretty well. They also offer a service that tracks your blog's metrics. Try it out and see for yourself.
Drawback: there's no feature like in Blogger's editor that allows you to upload photos. Hence no obligatory screenshot. There are also a few kinks here and there, but nothing too annoying.
I've already reported the bug but I'm not hoping for a response; I think mine is an isolated case. In the meantime, I've stumbled upon a very capable alternative: Performancing. It's a Firefox-only plugin and it doesn't offer true WYSIWYG, but if this entry is successfully posted (I'm using it right now), then I'd say it works pretty well. They also offer a service that tracks your blog's metrics. Try it out and see for yourself.
Drawback: there's no feature like in Blogger's editor that allows you to upload photos. Hence no obligatory screenshot. There are also a few kinks here and there, but nothing too annoying.
Labels: blogging, Performancing, Windows Live Writer
Not an isolated case, I have the same issue! Here's hoping that you get a response! (I'm using BlogJet in the mean time)
Same thing.. I get the same error as of Sept 1 2007. No solution found after looking for several hours.
I do use Firefox, so I'll check out your suggestion, thanks.
I get the same problem, but I think I have found the answer:
http://www.thescripts.com/forum/thread412337.html