The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


September 24, 2006
Today was my final day of driving at A-1 driving school (here's for my "first day" entry). I finished up the last three of the fifteen hours that I signed up for. I was glad to pair up with Alfonso for one last time; he's been my instructor for all but two of my fifteen hours. He's a really great instructor and by the end of driving school we were casually chatting about non-driving topics, including mahjong, his pastime.

I'm very confident now with my driving. There are still a few mistakes here and there but mostly due to inexperience. I can handle everything now: humps, overtaking, rainy weather, highway driving, uphill/downhill, backing, maneuvering, and all sorts of parking procedures. I even changed a tire today just for practice (not because of an actual flat). And I finally graduated from the "10:10" steering wheel position to a more comfortable "9:15". Alfonso was really tough on me in the beginning but in my last five hours he already said I was ready to drive in "the real world".

I've always been a quick learner and I managed to get the hang of driving relatively easily. Part of the reason why is that driving feels like solving puzzles to me, and you know how much I enjoy puzzles. It's like "How do I make the car do this?" and "How do I get from point A to point B?" Driving's a challenge for me and that's what makes every driving session fun as well.

Next step: finish the requisite A-1 classroom lecture on road rules and driving etiquette. Then it's time to get a non-professional driver's license. And finally... get something to drive? Uh oh.

Labels: , , ,

2 Responses to “A-1 Graduation Day”

  1. # Blogger Unknown

    Heck yeah! Congrats on graduating from your driving school. Nadagdagan na yung mga tsuper natin sa CS na pwedeng magmaneho papuntang out of town. Hahaha! Have fun driving. :P  

  2. # Blogger Diana Gonzales

    Congrats! Hope you'll have fun driving around the metro! (Minus the mostly hellish jeepney drivers, that is. :))  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates