The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


September 21, 2006
Our beloved Dr. Pablo Manalastas has started his own blog, wittily titled "AmboSpeak". (We students know him is "Doc Mana" but "Ambo" is his personal nickname.)

Doc Mana is one of the most colorful characters I have met in my life, and I mean that in an entirely positive way. I don't know a lot of people who're as passionate about his/her personal interests as Doc Mana is (especially at his age!), of which there are many: Linux, open source, mind-twisting higher-order math, extreme vegetarianism, his family, problem solving, the ACM-ICPC (he was our coach who led as to two straight World Finals appearances), and the personal lives of his students. He may seem a bit nosy to some and perverted with his jokes, but we all know he means well and he genuinely cares about his students. He has interesting opinions about many things and personally, I'm glad he started his own blog so that he can share to the whole world about his opinions.

I'm sure that a lot of people will be deeply saddened when he retires in 2007. The DISCS faculty will lose the services of the one-of-a-kind PMana. Like Miguel commented on Dr. Rodrigo's blog entry, it indeed will be the end of an era. But by staying tuned to Doc Mana's blog, we can let him know that we still can't get enough of him.

Welcome to the blogosphere, Doc!

Labels: , , ,

5 Responses to “AmboSpeak: The PMana blog”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Sounds Interesting. I've heard that the doc was something like that. I'll subscribe. :)  

  2. # Blogger iruka

    astig haha! i might read that someday... XD  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    "...his/her personal interests as Doc Mana is (especially at his age!), of which there are many: Linux, open source..."

    Actually, he was advocating Windows Vista to the class a few days ago, hehe.  

  4. # Blogger punzki

    @Cla: You should... now! :D

    @Crix: Doc Mana's not as hardcore a Linux fan as most think. He's known to attend Microsoft events from time to time. ;)  

  5. # Blogger Ealden EscaƱan

    Pragmatic :)  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates