September 02, 2006
Yesterday (September 1) was my first day at HP. September 1 is an easy day to remember should I decide to celebrate my anniversaries on the job.
All new-hires were asked to report to our Makati office (Robinson's Summit building in Ayala Avenue) for the orientation. I was really surprised to see that there were almost forty of us reporting for duty yesterday. And the HR people were even more shocked; according to them, ours was the largest batch in recent history. They were terribly unprepared for us and couldn't find a room to fit us all in. We had to transfer rooms thrice because they didn't have a conference room that could hold such a big crowd. But in the end it was all good because we managed to fit in the pantry. Hello, unlimited supply of free coffee (not that I'm a caffeine freak)!
The orientation itself was a bit... dull. Maybe I was expecting something more exciting. I did manage to make a lot of acquaintances in the group; I was feeling extra friendly and upbeat. It's a bit sad though that we probably won't see each other any time soon 'coz we're mostly in different teams. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Ian Simpao with us yesterday as one of the speakers at the orientation. Ian referred me to HP and was one of my fellow Microsoft Student Ambassadors two years back. He's one of genuinely nicest people I've met.
Well, I'll be reporting to work at our Ortigas office (14th floor, San Miguel Properties Center) at 10 AM on Monday. My manager is Simon Villalon; I think he's a really cool manager and I say that even though I've only met with him thrice! I'm really excited to start getting busy and meet the people I'll be working with at HP.
All new-hires were asked to report to our Makati office (Robinson's Summit building in Ayala Avenue) for the orientation. I was really surprised to see that there were almost forty of us reporting for duty yesterday. And the HR people were even more shocked; according to them, ours was the largest batch in recent history. They were terribly unprepared for us and couldn't find a room to fit us all in. We had to transfer rooms thrice because they didn't have a conference room that could hold such a big crowd. But in the end it was all good because we managed to fit in the pantry. Hello, unlimited supply of free coffee (not that I'm a caffeine freak)!
The orientation itself was a bit... dull. Maybe I was expecting something more exciting. I did manage to make a lot of acquaintances in the group; I was feeling extra friendly and upbeat. It's a bit sad though that we probably won't see each other any time soon 'coz we're mostly in different teams. I was also pleasantly surprised to see Ian Simpao with us yesterday as one of the speakers at the orientation. Ian referred me to HP and was one of my fellow Microsoft Student Ambassadors two years back. He's one of genuinely nicest people I've met.
Well, I'll be reporting to work at our Ortigas office (14th floor, San Miguel Properties Center) at 10 AM on Monday. My manager is Simon Villalon; I think he's a really cool manager and I say that even though I've only met with him thrice! I'm really excited to start getting busy and meet the people I'll be working with at HP.
Hey, I'm glad you got a really wonderful job!!
Simon is pretty cool.