September 17, 2006
I screwed up big time in my Blogger beta testing. I thought I had layouts all figured out, but at one point it was so bad that my blog started generating "404 Not Found" errors. Conclusion: Blogger Beta's layouts system sucks. It'd be awesome if someone was kind enough to write an easy-to-understand tutorial, but as it stands, trying to customize it is just not worth it.
Heck, I wouldn't even have bothered with layouts if I knew that the labels worked with the old templating system. I was surprised when I reverted back to my old template and I saw that the labels that I tried out were still there! Notice that I went back through all my blog entries and retroactively labeled all 50+ of them. Whew.
What I could've used from the new layouts is the widget that lists all the labels I've used. I haven't figured out a hack yet but for now, you can head over to the RubeTube on Technorati to explore my tags/labels; it's there on the upper-left. (It's not updated in real-time though)
Heck, I wouldn't even have bothered with layouts if I knew that the labels worked with the old templating system. I was surprised when I reverted back to my old template and I saw that the labels that I tried out were still there! Notice that I went back through all my blog entries and retroactively labeled all 50+ of them. Whew.
What I could've used from the new layouts is the widget that lists all the labels I've used. I haven't figured out a hack yet but for now, you can head over to the RubeTube on Technorati to explore my tags/labels; it's there on the upper-left. (It's not updated in real-time though)
Labels: Blogger Beta, rant, RubeTube, Technorati
do you know of a way to put the labels under each post? I've been looking for template tags with regard to labels but it all seems to be incorporated in these new widgets.
@Eelke: There are no template tags for labels. They simply appear under the entry text if you add labels to the entry.
hi you seem to know well how labels work with blogger beta.
can you help me with this problem :
the labels appear under the post but I don't know the code for them to be listed in the sidebar... any tips ?
(btw, I took a blogger template from the web before beta existed)
thanx a lot
@MCB: If you're using the old Blogger templates, then there is no way to add a list of labels to your blog. Blogger hasn't provided ANY template tags for labels at all.
i truthfully love your own writing type, very charming,
don't give up and keep creating due to the fact that it just that is worth to look through it.
excited to looked over much of your web content, thankx :)