September 20, 2006
I'm admittedly not a humble person. But I don't think I'm being overly boastful by sharing with you my page on the Ateneo de Manila University Awards Database. Never knew such a site existed before; I only stumbled upon it yesterday. It lists the awards received by Ateneans at competitions in recent history.
Fifteen awards are listed under my name. There are no advanced search features so I can't verify that that's the most for an individual in the database, but you'd probably agree that fifteen is a lot (and I'm sure my list there isn't complete).
Why do I join all these contests? I've been at it since my grade school days. I have to admit, it's partly because of the recognition and the opportunity to market myself. It's also partly because of my fiercely competitive nature. But the biggest reason is that I'm always tremendously proud of the institutions I represent. I want recognition not just as an individual, but also as a product of the Ateneo and the Filipino nation.
I think I've accomplished my goal of helping let the world know that Filipinos (and Ateneans) truly kick ass. Up next: helping HP soar to new heights.
Fifteen awards are listed under my name. There are no advanced search features so I can't verify that that's the most for an individual in the database, but you'd probably agree that fifteen is a lot (and I'm sure my list there isn't complete).
Why do I join all these contests? I've been at it since my grade school days. I have to admit, it's partly because of the recognition and the opportunity to market myself. It's also partly because of my fiercely competitive nature. But the biggest reason is that I'm always tremendously proud of the institutions I represent. I want recognition not just as an individual, but also as a product of the Ateneo and the Filipino nation.
I think I've accomplished my goal of helping let the world know that Filipinos (and Ateneans) truly kick ass. Up next: helping HP soar to new heights.
Galing naman ni Punzki!
That much?!?! Cool!haha
astig to ah... coolness
@Allan: Dude, you have 11 and counting!
I have this fictitious unit of measure: the K-to-yabang ratio where K is karapatan. In your case, your ratio approaches 1, which is to say your self-image is commensurate to your achievements. We don't begrudge you your lack of humility--you've earned the right to be proud.
@Ma'am Didith: Thanks! I suppose a ratio of 1 is a healthy sign? :)