The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


January 29, 2007
I reporting to work late in the afternoon today because I had to pass by Ateneo first to pick up some documents I had requested/ordered from the registrar (80 pesos for a flimsy sheet of paper with the Ateneo seal, geez). I dropped by the CS department before heading to the office to deliver a package: my donation to the Pamana Fund.

It's not a mind-boggling amount by any stretch of the imagination, but I feel that my contribution was fairly significant. When you're contributing to a good cause, any amount given feels like a whole fortune, especially when you factor in the warm-and-fuzzy feelings into the equation.

Seriously though, I owe a lot to our department (and to Doc Mana) for much of the experience that has shaped me into what I am today. I feel more like I'm giving back what I owe rather than just sharing what I can afford. I chatted a bit with Dr. Rodrigo and we discussed the declining Ateneo CS/MIS population, and the waning interest in ICTs in the Philppines in general. I'm hoping that my tiny contribution can help stem the tide. I'm not sure how, but I trust that the capable people at DISCS will find a way.

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Responses to “Contributing to the Pamana Fund”

  1. # Anonymous Anonymous

    As with many things, the gesture is most significant of all. Thanks again, Mark!  

  2. # Blogger JoEmZ

    seems like we're really back to endangered species again...  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates