The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


January 22, 2007
Finally, here's the answer to "Six things you probably didn't know about me, but one of them isn't true". I'm tackling the "facts" one by one and I'll reveal which is the odd one out.
  1. I flunked the entrance exam to Ateneo Grade School. I ended up studying in Don Bosco for two years. I took the Ateneo Grade School exam again and got in when I was in Grade 2. The difference? I didn't become smarter. I took the exam the first time in Filipino, and in English the second time around.

    TRUE. I still am better taking tests in English than in Filipino. Who isn't?

  2. I wasn't before, but I'm currently allergic to alcohol in alcoholic drinks; I get rashes and have difficulty breathing. Alcohol is not such a bad thing to be allergic to, in my opinion. Better than being lactose intolerant.

    TRUE. Sad, but true. Yet also quite fortunate. What's the big deal with alcohol anyway?

  3. For as long as I can remember, my parents have played mahjong with their friends regularly, usually several nights a week. With mahjong such a big part of our daily life (and family income) I know the rules of the game, but strangely enough, I have never played an actual game in my life.

    FALSE. This may come as a surprise for most of you who know me quite well, but this one is totally false. But actually, it's mostly true, except that I have played an actual game of mahjong, twice or thrice. Tricky, tricky!

  4. I learned to play the guitar during my first year of high school. One of my classmates ("IC" was his nickname) taught me the first song I learned to play: Ang Huling El Bimbo. My parents bought my my first guitar for my birthday that year. It was colored "toothpaste/Aquafresh blue", as I liked to describe it.

    TRUE. G-A7-C-G for the verse and chorus, and Em-G-C-D for the pre-chorus/refrain; how can I forget? Sadly, the toothpaste blue guitar is now broken.

  5. I have never stepped foot inside a casino my whole life. Of course, the first 21 years of my life leading up to the legal gambling age hardly count, but still...

    TRUE. The inside of a casino is still a mystery to me. And I prefer to keep my innocence.

  6. And now, for the most embarrassing thing you probably don't know about me... I was once a (closet) Backstreet Boys and Spice Girls fan. Much like every other guy in my generation, except that they're not man enough to admit it.

    TRUE. I've had the balls to admit it. Do you?
No one was able to figure out that #3 was the stinker. To everyone's credit, even my girlfriend failed to get it correctly on the first try; her first guess was #5 and she was deciding between that and #3. Akie (we chatted over YM) was the worst; by process of eliminating the other five choices, he finally got the answer.

Labels: , ,

2 Responses to “What you probably didn't know about me”

  1. # Blogger maikeru77

    hmm...sige papatawag ko mga majhongera sa Project 6, ikaw ang bangka. hehee.  

  2. # Blogger David

    Hi man,

    I want to comment on clause nuber 5. I also haven't been in a real casino untill last year, but I would like you to know that Playing in online casinos as 888 casino, Golden Palace and others is much more fun. This is my opinion...  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates