The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


March 01, 2007
("Attaboy" is the term popularized by Dilbert author Scott Adams that refers to an award given by a company to recognize one of their employee's achievements. Don't underestimate the power of an attaboy.)

Last Tuesday, I received my very first attaboy, in the form of an HP eAward. eAwards are given out monthly to individuals for their outstanding work, and I finally got my turn this month. This is the text on the print-out:

Hewlett-Packard eAwards
Congratulates
Mark C Punzalan

in appreciation for your outstanding efforts

Reason for Recognition:
Kicking off a project three days before the Holiday shutdown. Mark was able to transform vague customer requirements to transform vague customer requirements and an aggressive timeline into a fully interactive blog that was the toast of the ****** [edited out] conference.

Awesome! Extra effort does pay off; I had worked at times into the wee hours of the morning for this. And now I am more motivated then ever! The attaboy effect works indeed!

Labels: , , ,

4 Responses to “My very first attaboy!”

  1. # Blogger JoEmZ

    congratz punzki! ^_^
    you truly deserve it.  

  2. # Blogger maikeru77

    Omedetou Gozaimasu!  

  3. # Blogger Patrick

    congratulations! at the least, it's good to know that companies recognize efforts of their employees.  

  4. # Blogger punzki

    Thanks, guys! :)  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates