The RubeTube

Life's a cube.  Solve it.


September 17, 2006
If you've accidentally discovered that labels will still be listed for a post with the old templating system (like I have), then you must be a bit annoyed that you can't change the way they look. A closer inspection of the Blogger-generated HTML reveals that the labels (e.g., "Labels: Blogger Beta, hacks") are enclosed in a paragraph (p tag) with a CSS class of "blogger-labels".

If you know how to edit your blog's template (I've written a short how-to here), it's a simple matter of handling the blogger-labels class by editing your stylesheet. This is how I made the labels look just a bit smaller than the entry text:

.blogger-labels { font-size: 0.86em; }

Next hack: How to change the way the labels are listed. I want to change the header from "Labels: " to "Filed under: " and get rid of the comma delimiter. Haven't found a way so far.

Labels: ,

3 Responses to “How to customize how labels appear in Blogger Beta”

  1. # Blogger The_Editrix

    EXCELLENT advice! THANKS!  

  2. # Blogger apples

    Thank you!
    Was worth the half hour I spent on google trying to find this page. Even got them all uppercase :P  

  3. # Blogger ectini

    Thanksss (:  

Post a Comment

About me



Mark Punzalan
a.k.a. "Punzki"
Location: Redmond, WA
Occupation: Softie

Current tag-line:
I'm alive!
Now reading:
The Bible (really!)
Latest obsession:
NBA playoffs (via streaming)

Around the web:
punzki @ punzki.com
punzki @ Blogger
punzki @ del.icio.us
punzki @ LinkedIn
punzki @ Friendster
punzki @ Bloglines
punzki @ YouTube
punzki @ Multiply

Email me: punzki@gmail.com

Search

RSS feed



What is RSS?

AdSense


Et cetera




Locations of visitors to this page


Pinoy Top Blogs
Fantasy Sports Live!
Firefox 2

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons License.

Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates